ICoBC Symposium 30 November 2021
I have worked with ICoBC in the Quality Commitee, which I Chair and we, myself and Professor Abtar Kaur, Malaysia, have worked on the with the Taxonomy and Quality Grid. 23/09/2021, the ICoBC Taxonomy, Quality Criteria, and Quality Grid, authored by our Quality Committee, was released . Please access it here
The first ICoBC Symposium, was held on the 30th of November 2021 in Berlin, Germany. The Symposium was around the topic "from theory to reality. This day-long symposium focused on sharing digital credential uses cases and successful implementations of digital credential frameworks. The symposium brought together thought leaders, employers, associations and non-profits, higher education institutions, government representatives, and technology solution providers. Read more here
Read also more about the Observations from the Symposium here by Grame Barty, GAICD, Head of Issuance Authorities at CredShare
Session topics included:
- Global perspectives on digital credentialing
- Implementing digital credentials in the workplace
- Digital credentialing for lifelong learning
- The role of government in facilitating a digital credential ecosystem
- The future of digital credentials
Top 4 Reasons WHY to Attend
- Access to thought leaders in the field
- Networking with other participants in topic-based discussion groups
- Demonstrations of technology solutions for digital credentialing
- ICoBC Symposium attendees are eligible for a 100 EUR discount on the registration fee for OEB 2022
2021 ICoBC Symposium Overview
2021 ICoBC Symposium Program
1. The non-profit purpose of the Association ICoBC is to promote global exchange, collaboration, and development for the recognition of informal, non-formal, and formal learning with digital badges (badges) and credentials, including. ICoBC has its foundation in hte UNESCO SDGs:
- Ensuring a systemic (holistic) view of digital badges (badges) and credentials for individuals, organizations, and societies
- Promote the formation of an inclusive network of interested stakeholders based on the principle of diversity.
- Demonstrate understanding of current global developments in the field of digital badges (badges) and credentials and their local adaptation through examples.
- To support innovative projects from idea to realization. This can be done on a scientific, policy or application level.
2. In order to realize the statutory purpose, the Association develops a methodological, technological and organizational infrastructure, which is managed by the Secretariat and maintained by the members. Under the umbrella of the Association, working groups may be formed to focus on specific initiatives as well as regional areas.