The Annual OEB Conference took place 1-3 Decmber 2021 in Berlin, as usuallay, excdept for last year 2020. This years (2021) theme were on Shaping the Future of Education. Diverse, Collaborative, Transformative
You can find all speakers’ presentations submitted to the conference team in the online resource library.
Prior to the OEB21 Conference I was interviewed by ELM Magazine and the titel was Open Online Education Ensures Education for All. Even Dr Andreas Rambow gav his insights. This was my initial words
The only way to reach the goal of providing education for all is to go for open education, argues Professor Ebba Ossiannilsson. For over 20 years she has been a researcher, advocate and ambassador of open and distance learning. To her, learning and education are human rights and providing them to everyone is about democracy and social justice.
For the twitch towards open education to happen, a comprehensive systemic change in the global education system needs to be made.
While digital transformation has changed the way we live, work, communicate, spend time and the way we learn, most businesses have changed their business models to fit the digital era, but education has not, argues Ossiannilsson.
“Education seems to be the only business that has resistance to all the new things happening.”
This article was written by OEB21 media partner ELM Magazine editor, Anne Tastula. It was first published on the ELM website as part of the theme issue covering learning resilience. This articel can also be read at ICDE webpage
In addition, i had a presentation on The New Normal is about Resilience, Sustainability, and the Social Contract, The presenation can be found and downloaded at SlideShare. The was very much appreciated, and some participants said it was the best session and the only discussing about the future.
Of course iOEB21 was COVID-19 Adapted to a very high extent with COCID Certifications, tests, social distance and very good hygien. Everything was very well prepareed in that respect.
Online Educa Berlin (OEB) is the annual global, cross-sector conference and exhibition on digital learning and training. The event has a unique focus, bringing you to the forefront of developments in learning technology. Since 1995, insights gained at OEB have pointed the way towards the future of learning.
- Collaborate and gain insights on opportunities and challenges that are changing the world of learning
- Find out how to choose and use various technologies and build skills in expert-led workshops and break-out sessions
- Discover proven practice and learning strategies from leading institutions and organisations
- Listen to, learn from and engage with global expert speakers from different disciplines, sharing their knowledge, skills and passion
- Follow case studies presenting critical success factors and discuss innovative approaches with peers
- Engage in debate and open discussions on new technologies and trends with international practitioners and vendors
- Connect with learning professionals from the education, workplace learning and government sectors and forge essential international contacts and partnerships
Recordings of the Plenaries and many other sessions from all three days can be found on our website. Make sure to tag #OEB21 with your post-conference posts & reports: we are glad to share your reflections with the wider community (links to our socials can be found below).
The 28th edition of OEB, will be held from 23 — 25 November 2022 at the Hotel InterContinental Berlin.